Community Connector Role
MyCareSpace is an online platform that helps people with disability, their carers and families find the disability service providers they need in their local area. We also support them with easy to understand information and resources about the NDIS.
The vision of MyCareSpace is to create meaningful connections so that people with disability can live full and independent lives.
We are looking for a new Community Connector to join our growing and dynamic team. Their role will be to connect people looking for disability services with providers of disability services in their area and to manage the admin tasks related to this.
People use our Live Chat /Email /Webform /Phone to request assistance in finding disability supports. Your role is to respond to these people looking for help, engaging with them and exploring their needs so that we can match them with the most appropriate services and providers. You are the” human face” to our directory and connections service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Speaking with people looking for services and determining their precise needs in terms of personal preferences, timing, support, location and budget constraints.
- Creating a profile for each person and then locating and connecting them with the providers who can best meet their needs.
- Following up with people and service providers who have been sent referrals.
- Respond to live-chat questions or requests for service on our website.
- Connecting people looking for information about the NDIS with the appropriate resource on our website.
- Develop a strong knowledge of our provider base, the services they offer as well as the locations they service.
- Draw on your own personal experience (if applicable) to encourage and support our MyCareSpace community and customers.
This role will suit someone who is:
- Service orientated and enjoys engaging with people.
- Is self-motivated and happy to work both independently and within a team.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has excellent research and problem-solving skills.
- Has a good understanding of the NDIS and how people can utilise their funding.
- A lived disability experience is preferable.
- Familiarity with the NDIS is preferable.
- Be comfortable using a computer and online applications including email, word, excel and browser-based software.
- English speaking.
30 hours a week – 6 hours a day with flexibility
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter explaining why you are well suited to the job.
Email this together with your resume to email@example.com