Find Insurance | MyCareSpace

Find Insurance

MyCareSpace and BizCover logos

All disability service providers need insurance

Providers may be big or small, they may be NDIS registered or not. They may be newly formed businesses or have been delivering services for years.

Either way, they now face business risks arising from delivering services within the disability industry. 

MyCareSpace has partnered with insurance experts Bizcover to bring you the insurances needed when working as providers of disability services.

Want to speak to an agent?

Call 02 8287 65 76 to speak to a BizCover agent to find out what cover is right for your business.

What insurance does an NDIS provider need?

If you are NDIS registered, make sure you have the necessary insurance cover required by the NDIS commission: public liability, professional indemnity and workers comp (if applicable) or personal accident cover. Additional cover is available for cyber risk and building insurance cover.

Find out more

Find Insurance Cover

Support Workers/Personal Care

Age Care Providers

Insurance for independent age care support workers or for companies offering support, overnight stays or residential care

Find Insurance for Age Care Providers

Therapists & Nurses

Support Coordinators

Plan Managers

Home and Yard Maintenance

And all other Occupations

We also offer information and quotes for specific risks like:

  • Personal Accident Insurance
    Critical for sole traders and protects against income loss if you are ill and can't work.
  • Business Insurance 
    Cover for business premises and contents against theft, damage. Also covers against business interruption losses.
  • Cyber Risk Liability Insurance
    Critical if you are storing personal data online. Esp if you are using email to communicate information between employees.
  • Management Liability Insurance 
    Protects management & directors against the risk and exposure of running a company.


Want to speak to an agent?

Call 02 8287 65 76 to speak to a BizCover agent to find out what cover is right for your business.

What type of insurances are available?

There’s no ‘one-size-fits-all’ when it comes to insuring a business, just as there are no two businesses that are exactly the same.

Your insurance needs will vary depending on a variety of factors, such as, your trade, and the type of business you run. It will also be influenced by the size and location of your business and your appetite for risk. 

A 'shop front' will face different challenges and risks, to say, a mobile or home-based provider. 

Typical cover you would consider including are as follows:

1. Public Liability Insurance (required by NDIS)

Public Liability insurance protects your business if a customer, supplier or member of the public is injured or sustains property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.  

Small business owners have a legal responsibility to take reasonable steps for the safety of their customers, suppliers and the community and for their property.  

Chances are like many other small businesses, if you were faced with a public liability claim, the financial impact of paying the claim and associated legal fees (including defence costs) could potentially send you out of business. That’s why you should consider Public Liability insurance to provide the financial protection your business deserves.  PL Insurance is an NDIS requirement.

2. Professional Indemnity Insurance (required by NDIS)

This is a must if you are providing a service or advice. It protects professionals against liability for damages, and the legal costs associated with defending yourself against claims arising from an act, omission, or beach of duty in the course of your work. PI Insurance is an NDIS requirement.

3. Personal Accident Insurance (required by NDIS)

An accident or serious illness could force you to stop working for an extended period, not only leaving you without an income, but also unable to pay your ongoing expenses and overheads to keep your business running. These might include your rent, telephone, salaries and electricity.

Optional Add Ons:

4. Management Liability Insurance

Management Liability Insurance protects the company and the people who manage the company, such as the Company Director and Senior Managers, against the risks and exposures of running the business – your liability for mismanagement.

It covers against allegations and acts of misconduct and legislative breaches, including statutory fines and penalties, defamation, statutory breach of duty, OH&S issues, unfair dismissal, and sexual harassment.  

5. Building and Contents Insurance

Building insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding the business premises (that you own) as a result of fire, storm and other perils specified in the policy.

Contents insurance covers your business contents or stock if they were damaged in a fire, storm or due to malicious damage or some other defined event listed in the policy. This could include things like trading stock, fixtures and fittings, business furniture etc.

6. Cyber Risk - important if you are working from home or delivering telehealth

If you have a website for your business or you store sensitive customer information on your computers or laptops, you should think about holding a Cyber Liability policy.

With the current environment where most people are working from or even delivering their face to face services in the form of teletherapy, this is especially important.

Cyber Liability Insurance protects your business in the event of a cyber attack. The legal costs, reputational costs and business restore costs associated with a data breach can have a significant impact on your business, not to mention the damage it can cause to your reputation.

What insurance do Disability Service Providers need if they are not NDIS Registered?

If you are providing services or products within the disability industry and are not NDIS registered, you still face the same risks and would need to consider the same insurance cover.

NDIS Audit Requirements

As a registered NDIS Service Provider, you are required to have insurance cover as part of your NDIS Audit requirements.

The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission states that all registered NDIS providers must have:

  1. Professional Indemnity Insurance
  2. Public Liability Insurance
  3. Personal Accident Insurance

As a registered NDIS Service Provider, having appropriate insurance arrangements in place is a requirement that Auditors need to verify as part of your NDIS Certification Audit or Verification Audit and they will ask to see a certificate of currency for these insurances, during your NDIS Audit.

Want to speak to an agent?

Call 02 8287 65 76 to speak to a BizCover agent to find out what cover is right for your business.



Our Connections Team at MyCareSpace are linked in with a range of providers offering telehealth services with availability. Let our team help you navigate the NDIS and find the right service for you.
Get started with Therapy



Let our Expert Team find you the right support worker: one that has experience with your disability and that you can rely on. It's FREE service.
Find me a support worker


Share this resource

How helpful was this resource?
How helpful was this resource?: 
MyCareSpace resources may be shared provided they are credited to MyCareSpace with backlinks to the original resource.