2020-21 NDIS Price Guide and NDIS Support Catalogue
The NDIA publish 2 documents that relate to the supply and cost of supports under the NDIS (last updated 31 July 2020):
- NDIS Price Guide 2020–21
This does not contain prices, but rather policy information and guidance for Providers and Support Coordinators, Plan Managers and Participants. There is a single national price guide.
- NDIS Support Catalogue 2020–21
This is the NDIS 'price list' and contains the price limits, support categories, descriptions and line item numbers to help clearly identify what is claimable.
Support Catalogue 2020-2021 - NDIS Price List in excel
Price Guide 2020–2021- Explains different parts of funding, NO PRICES
Latest Updates in the 2020-21 Price Guide
The Price Guide has a new look and aims to be clear and transparent about pricing arrangements and make it easier to find information for specific supports by including applicable line items and claiming rules within the one document.
All prices have increased by CPI and NDIS plans will be indexed to accommodate these price increase - i.e funding is automatically increased.
COVID Changes from 31 July 2020
- PPE for disability support workers in NSW and Victoria: 3 new support items to claim for PPE used when delivering face-to-face supports
If a participant has a support worker attending their home who later tests positive to coronavirus (COVID-19), then the participant will also be able to access a one-off professional deep clean through their NDIS funding.
General Changes from 1 July 2020
- Cancellations: You will be charged 100% of the agreed support price if you do not attend your service or cancel a service at short notice. This was introduced during COVID but is being kept the same.
- Travel: Providers can charge for travel costs when delivering services and supports to participants - need to get you ok first.
- Set Up Fee: If you begin a new agreement with a new provider, the provider can charge an establishment fee. The fee is to assist with one-time costs such as assessing your needs and setting up service bookings.
Skills and Development for self managing participants - new line items:
- Self-Management Capacity Building (01_134_0117_8_1)
- Skills Development and Training (09_009_0117_6_3)
- Innovative Community Participation (09_008_0116_6_3)
Individualised Living Options (ILO's)
Two new line items, to give people with disability access to alternative living arrangements within the Assistance with Daily Living Support Category
Changes to Capacity Building Supports Funding
- Support Coordination: 2.12% increase
- Improved Living Arrangements: 2.6% increase
- Increased Social & Community Participation: 2.6% increase
- Finding & Keeping a Job: Category totally restructured
- Improved Relationships (Behaviour Support): No change
- Improved Health & Wellbeing: No change
- Improved Learning: 2.6% increase
- Improved Life Choices (Plan Management): 2.12% increase
- Improved Daily Living: No change
The NDIA announced a new approach to group pricing and this caused an uproar. They have since agreed that these changes will only be implemented from 1 July 2021.
In 2020-21, the Temporary Transformation Payment which is paid to some providers reduce. It will now have a 6% loading (down from 7.5%).
Additional Special Price Guides
There are separate price guide published for AT and SDA, but remember you only find prices in the Support Catalogue.
- NEW Assistive Technology guide: Assistive Technology and Consumables Code Guide
- Specialist Disability Accommodation: SDA Price Guide
- SIL Provider Pack (new @ July 1 2020)