Apply for a support worker parking permit for use in City of Sydney, Randwick and Inner West Council areas
Valid for 1 year from the date of issue
What is a support worker parking permit?
- A valid permit exempts a vehicle from time restrictions and parking fees ONLY when parked in areas where signs state 'Permit Holders Excepted'
- Support worker permits are issued for use within the City of Sydney, Randwick and Inner West Council areas
- Support worker parking permit does not exempt your vehicle from signs such as
- No Stopping,
- No parking,
- Work, Truck or
- Disabled Parking zones
- There is no limit to the number of permits issued to service providers who employ support workers.
- Individual support workers will be issued with one permit.
- The permit applies to the vehicle registration, not to the individual
- Permits are not issued for permanent/overnight parking of service provider vehicles.
Who can apply for a Support Worker Parking Permit?
Check your eligibility:
The permit is issued to the support worker/provider rather than the recipient of the in-home support.
A permit may be issued to an individual support worker or service provider (organisation or health professional*) that:
- Provides in-home support services.
- Conducts, or expects to conduct, more than 60 home visits a year to residents in the City of Sydney and partnering council areas.
- Support providers who purchase multiple permits for support workers must complete the `Plan of management' section of the application form. This shows how you will prevent the misuse of the permit. You should include the potential risks for misuse and control measures where appropriate
*Health professional include nurses, chiropractors, occupational therapists, optometrists, osteopaths, pharmacists, podiatrists and psychologists who manage physical or mental health through services that include diagnosis, treatment or rehabilitation.
The vehicle being used must:
- Be registered in the name of the service provider – if the vehicle is in a private name, the service provider must supply a letter explaining that the permit will be used for providing in-home support only
- Be under 4.5t and less than 7.5m, unless a larger vehicle is necessary for the service provided.
How to apply for a Support Worker Parking Permit
You can apply for a permit by email or by post after downloading and completing our application form.
For postal applications:
Include either a cheque or money order
Cheques should be made payable to the City of Sydney Council.
- Mail your application to City of Sydney, GPO Box 1591, Sydney NSW 2001
For emailed applications:
Complete the application form
Attach the required documents
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For emailed applications, a customer service officer will contact you to arrange payment.