What we do
Your Community Home provides support coordination services that will help you explore where you want to live. Whether it be including NDIS disability housing, mainstream inner-city high rises or suburban sprawls, we will help you set your housing goals and path to housing success.
What does a Support Coordinator do?
Support coordinators are focused on assisting participants to build and maintain a resilient network of formal and informal supports.
Coordination of Supports includes, but is not limited to:
- Understand the Plan
- Connect with Supports and Services
- Design Support Approaches
- Establish Supports
- Coach, Refine, Reflect
- Targeted Support Coordination
- Crisis: Planning, Prevention, Mitigation and Action
- Build Capacity and Resilience
- Report to the NDIA
What does a Support Coordinator for Housing do?
Support Coordination can be extended to explore housing options. NDIS funded hours are added on top of the standard Support Coordination and involve more work than is funded under Improved Living Arrangements (NDIS - Capacity Building).
As housing knowledge experts, Your Community Home can work with you to understand the funding and housing options and help prepare you and your family for your move. YCH can also work together with existing Support Coordinators to assist with the housing goal.
Coordination of Housing Supports includes, but is not limited to:
- Understanding NDIS funding (SDA, SIL, ILO) and other funding (DSP, Rent Asst, NRAS)
- Connecting you with an Allied Health practitioner for assessments
- Exploring housing options and what your preferences are
- Liaising with Real Estates, housing providers, and other interested parties
- Assisting with applications for home modifications, SDA, assistive technology or other
- Preparing you to make your move as successful as possible