What we do
Service Areas: Eastern Suburbs, Bayside, Rockdale, Hurstville, St George. Inner West, Canterbury, BANKSTOWN, SUTHERLAND SHIRE, LIVERPOOL & surrounding suburbs. Mon-Fri 6:30am-8:30pm, Weekends by request.
Julia from Asperger’s & Autism Friendly Driving School is an NDIS registered Specialist Driving Instructor specialising in helping people on the Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum or with other learning challenges to learn to drive and or attain their driver’s licence.
Julia has over 23 years of teaching experience & is very PATIENT, calm & softly spoken so you don’t need to worry about making mistakes when you’re learning. Julia will help you step by step through your whole learning process. Her lesson plans are broken up into bite size pieces of knowledge helping to make them easier to understand & learn. With Julia you can go at your own pace and learn as quickly or as slowly as you choose. The lessons also come with written notes, diagrams & mini videos to help you along in your learning journey. Everything is tailored to your specific needs.
Julia’s Experience and Qualifications:
- Certificate IV Driving Instruction (Light Vehicle)
- Certificate in Driver Assessment & Rehabilitation
- Member: ADTA (Australian Driver Trainers Association)
- Australia Wide Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance
- Working With Children Clearance Check
- Full Comprehensive car insurance by NRMA
- RMS Unrestricted Driving Instructor Licence Class C
- NDIS Provider. (Improved Daily Living Skills/ Specialised Driver Training Code:15_046_0129_1_3) Free K2D (Keys2Drive) Provider# 1096
Teens and Adults with intellectual disabilities such as ADHD, Asperger’s, Autism Spectrum, Learning Difficulties, Anxiety, PDD, Downs Syndrome, and medical conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Impairment, Depression, PTSD.
• I go to the client’s home or I can meet them at a mutually convenient location.
• There are No perfumes or other fragrances in the car and I’m a non-smoker. No fluffy woolly seat covers either. If you have any special requirements I am happy to do my best to accommodate your needs.
• 2017 Automatic Toyota Corolla Hybrid Hatchback fitted with Dual control Brake and Accelerator (For extra safety, these are Rod Style so I can feel how hard or softly you are pressing the pedals and I can ease off your pressure from my side if needed to help keep you safe).
There are some lesson time availabilities on short notice but preferable notice is 1 week. Lessons available M-F 6:30am-8:30pm Sat & Sun by request.
Standard NDIS Rates. Currently is $100.85/hr (Effective 01/07/2018).
- Lessons away from normal work area may have an additional travel charge.
- PAYMENTS can be made via Self-Managed, Plan-Managed, NDIA or Direct Payment.