Dept of Health - COVID-19 infection control training
NOTE: This online training may be suspended due to high demand so we have provided the 'paper version' of the course in the meantime. See downloads below.
The Dept of Health released an online eLearning Module that offers online training for health care workers in all settings.
This training is for care workers across all health care settings, including:
- primary care
- aged care (both in residential aged care facilities or with visiting carers at home, including cleaners and cooks)
- disability (both in residential/shared care facilities or part-time carers in people’s homes, including cleaners and cooks)
- allied health
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- dental practices, including dentists, nurses, cleaners and receptionists
This 30 min training module covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 including:
- COVID-19 – what is it?
- Signs and symptoms
- Keeping safe – protecting yourself and others
- Myth busting
National Coronavirus Helpline
Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.