No wait list mobile service
Zanda Children's Speech & Language Therapy offers a no waiting list and mobile service:
- In your home environment
- At your child's Kinder or School
- In our offices located in Preston, Melbourne.
We work with you to determine the most appropriate setting/s for your child's sessions so as to achieve the best possible results.
Neighborhoods/regions we service are:
- South Yarra
We see children aged 2-12 years old:
- Advice and assessments
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Parent Training
- Consultation with your child's kinder or school, to provide guidance, therapy techniques, and intervention strategies
We are experienced in working with children who have difficulties with:
- Having conversations
- Understanding conversations & listening to instructions
- Speech Sounds (where speech may be unclear)
- Reading and Spelling
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Developmental delays
Our Therapists have completed professional development in the following:
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Key Word Sign Australia
- 'Secret Agent Society' social skills small group training
Zara talks about Speech Developmental Benchmarks
How to Start
We’ll discuss with you any concerns and questions – and we’ll help you determine if we are the best service to meet your needs.
2. Consult / Assessment
We'll meet with you and your child to further explore your concerns. We will play some games together and get to know your child. We’ll then conduct formal and/or informal assessment activities.
We will provide you with a report outlining all assessment findings and our recommendations.
If therapy is recommended, this will then be discussed with you, along with various options for funding.
Following a period of intervention we will review your child's progress. This will enable us to update and revise therapy goals.