LocationVarious locations across QLD
What we do
A bit about us...
We are a private care agency in Brisbane owned and operated by Community Based People. Our approach to caring for our participants has a balance of empathy and professionalism. Our people are qualified, experienced and caring and we go the extra mile to look after you at home or wherever you may be located.
What we stand for...
We live and work by our motto "You Live Life Until You Die" so that every person in our care, regardless of age or ability, is able to experience their life in the best way they can, for as long as they can.
How we are different...
Our participants direct their care the way they want to, and we are here to facilitate that. Your Care - Your Way.
Our aim is to empower people to reach their individual goal and dreams. Hence, we understand that it is your life and no matter what you want to achieve, WinaCare can offer the disability support you need.
Our professional and respectful carers are here to support you to live independently with the confidence to do the things you love.
We deliver on our commitment to you through honesty, respect and transparency. We will continue to connect with you at every stage of your life journey responding with compassion and humility, recognising the uniqueness of all individuals and advocating for your rights.
In short, service provision at WinaCare Community Services is assistance from a support worker selected through the principles of person-centred practice, that ensures our participants have had reasonable choice and control of the people that will provide supports. Which leads straight into another question, what does a support worker do?
Support work is an incredibly varied role. At WinaCare Community Services support work means improving the quality of life for the people we support. Support work can assist with a person’s day-to-day living. This can mean personal care, manual handling, meal preparation and assistance eating. It can also mean cleaning and gardening! Support work can also assist with community and social inclusion. This can be transport to and from community or social events, assistance in public spaces, or helping to increase your capacity in the community. None of WinaCare Community Services’ services are one size fits all, this is especially true when it comes to service provision.
At WinaCare Community Services we understand that letting a support worker into your home and life is incredibly personal, doing so requires a lot of trust. We take the time to understand not only your needs, but who you are as a person. This allows us to provide the most tailored and personal service possible.”
Our Services Include.
- Assistance getting in and out of bed
- Assistance with showering, dressing and personal hygiene
- Assistance with toileting and continence support
- Help with preparing meals
- Assistance with eating and drinking
- General mobility and gentle exercise assistance
- Daily medication reminders and administration
- Welfare visits
- Social support at home or out with friends
- Transport to keep you connected with the community
- Social skills development
- Support at volunteer activities
- Planned group activities
- Assistance with general household cleaning and laundry
- Dog walking
- Spring cleaning
- Help to prepare shopping lists and pay bills
- Organising storage areas such as pantries or wardrobes
Gardening and Home Maintenance
- Lawn mowing
- Pruning and watering
- Yard cleaning and weeding
- General maintenance jobs
- Regular bookings or one-off appointments
- Transport to shopping, social events, appointments or just to get out of the house
- Assistance with mobility as required