What we do
Friendship Circle's mission is to empower the next generation to shape a world in which people with special needs and their families experience acceptance, inclusion and friendship as contributing members of society.
Our goals are:
- To meet the social and emotional needs of young people with disability.
- To ease the isolation often felt in families with children with disability.
- To engage teens in the lives of young people with disability.
- To create meaningful opportunities for young people with and without disability to be a part of and lead their communities.
For families with a child with a disability who are looking for impact, social interaction and programming, NSW Friendship Circle is the best because we:
- Build enduring friendships between volunteers and young people with disability
- Run programs that build integration and inclusiveness
- Deliver real impact and respite