What we do
Clear Thinking Mental Health Group provides a comprehensive, coordinated approach to meet the needs of all people experiencing disability challenges.
Outreach services to the areas of Ballarat, Ballan, Daylesford and Creswick are available by request.
We are a non-discriminatory practice with respect to age, ability, gender, sexual identity, culture religion or spirituality. The four main approaches we use are:
Improved Daily Living Skills
Our multidisciplinary team delivers support with a view to improving community outcomes by way of:
- Individual counselling
- Individual assessment and support by a Nurse
- Specialist assessment and reports
- We assist with functional skills in order to improve participation and independence in daily practical activities.
- We can provide assistance a with interpersonal interactions and community involvement to support positive changes in a person’s functioning, development and wellbeing.
- Specific to therapeutic supports, we provide psychosocial functional assessments, psychological counselling and can to assist with community involvement.
Mental Health Nursing Assessment Support
We provide physical and mental health assessment, treatment, counselling and assistance to improve daily living where it is impacted by your disability.
Clear Thinking supports provision of specialist assessment where the participant may have complex or unclear needs or requires long term and/or intensive supports to address behaviours of concern.
Some people with a disability exhibit behaviour that can be of concern; this can include those who cause harm to themelves or others. This behaviour may cause physical or emotional hardship, or limit the person’s ability to fully engage with their community. We work to determine the reason for a behaviour of concern, providing targeted strategies to support each individual in decreasing their reliance on that behaviour to meet their needs. We then work to develop strategies that build on a person’s strengths and to develop positive relationships, communication and coping skills.