If you havent seen the webinar, you can see it here:
The following resources and links accompany our webinar on 'Getting the most our of your plan: Self manage or Plan Manage'
Evidence of Disability
Eligbility – age 0-65, residency and disability.
Evidence of disability can be demonstrated in 2 ways:
- Have your treating doctor or specialist Fill in Section F
- Submit existing assessments or reports (not less than 2yrs)
The NDIA have list of conditions that ‘automatically qualify’ that includes:
- ID (moderate, severe, profound –less than 55)
- ASD level 2 or 3
- CP (severe, 3,4 or 5 on the GMFCS)
- Various genetic conditions
- SCI or brain injury
- Amputation (2 limbs)
If you are not on the ‘priority’ list - then you have to provide evidence of the impact of the condition on your life (functional capacity) across the areas of: mobility, communication, social interaction, learning, self-care and self-management.
You will note that ASD Level 1 is not on the VIP list, so understand functional capacity and now to address it.
Reasonable and Necessary
Funds Management Options